Sacred Space for Individuals
The complex demands of daily life in the Bay Area can activate adaptive strategies that cause further pain. Amazingly, the natural healing capacity of the human being runs so deep that even the parts of ourselves that are causing us difficulty can guide us toward becoming more whole. Addiction, Depression, Anxiety, Compulsions, Obsessions, Stagnation, Rage, Fear, Going Numb – are all attempts to communicate misalignment somewhere within the system. These defense mechanisms can be soothing in the short-term but can become obstacles to further self-development and long-term health if their messages are not understood. If we listen deeply and compassionately enough to the wisdom of our body and mind the previous obstacles to our wholeness can become the catalysts of deeper awareness, meaning, agency and personal fulfillment.
My aim is to help you explore both the known and unknown parts of yourself so that you can more easily navigate your inner world, your relationships and the demands of life. My work is inspired and informed by a number of psychological modalities including Transpersonal, Somatic, Depth, Experiential, Humanistic and Psychodynamic approaches.
My primary goals as your individual therapist are:
- To understand where you are now and where you want to be
- To clarify the ways in which historical experiences are alive in your present felt sense of the world and relationships
- To expand awareness and alignment of mind, body and spirit
- To deepen understanding of your nervous system and help decode your emotions as a form of valuable information rather than experiences to be avoided or conquered
- To support the continued evolution of healthier relationship patterns and boundaries
- To use the embodied wisdom from the above processes to support your ability to choose the future you want